Nurse - Prestigious Cruise Line
In the role of Nurse on board one of our luxury cruise ships you will be faced with a varied caseload on a daily basis and the experiences you will gain will be hard to come by in any other medical environment. From minor illnesses to major trauma your day will be one of unusual scenarios – you should not expect it all to be the stereotypical sea sickness and sunburn.
You’ll provide and maintain high standards of individualised patient care for passengers and crew and will ensure a safe and efficient Nursing operation within the Medical Centre for all routine and emergency care for passengers and crew.
Of course, in addition to routine surgery hours there will be on call duties for emergency visits and admissions. As first medical responder to emergency calls on board, you’ll assess patients and take appropriate action.
In-patient care on board encompasses the management of a wide variety of clinical problems including cardiac disease (thrombolysis and cardiac monitoring), trauma/orthopaedic problems and acute medical emergencies.
In return we are offering an excellent career opportunity, a lifestyle change, a highly competitive salary package, extensive CPD programme and training opportunities, private cabin with guest privileges and accompanied family travel.
To be considered you do not need cruise ship experience but you will need:
- To be a level 1 registered nurse with current registration with the United Kingdom Nursing and Midwifery Council or appropriate Governmental regulatory body
- A broad range of experience in acute care areas
- Three years post qualification / graduation experience
- Proven proficiency in a wide range of clinical skills, including care and assessment of acutely ill patients and management of minor injuries and medical conditions
- A recent A&E background - although consideration may be given to those with relevant experience in Medical Admissions Units or Critical Care settings
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of a small team
Be ambitious, passionate and dedicated to delivering a quality service to our valued passengers and crew