Social Hostess - Prestigious Cruise Line
The guests experience whilst on board luxury ships is of paramount importance to us and to achieve that we require the best people in order to make this possible. We need people who are confident, well presented, well read, interested in current affairs and be a fantastic host and companion to a variety of ages and personalities.
The successful applicant will be will be responsible for providing a varied range of guest based events and leisure opportunities during both the day and the evening for passengers, in order to enhance their cruise experience. The Social Hostess position is one that is highly visible to passengers at all times, taking a proactive role in the on board public relations, hosting cocktail parties and gala dinners, inviting solo travellers to meet and form friendships whilst travelling. Working closely with the Captain you will host on board tours for VIPs, arrange weddings/vow renewals, and promote the company to local dignitaries and the media and so much more!
We are looking for experienced people in the following areas:
- Events organising ( for example cocktail parties, gala balls, coffee mornings, wedding ceremonies and much more)
- Dancing – ballroom, sequence and other varieties
- Hosting – introducing acts, master of ceremonies, receptions and TV/press appearances
- Arts & Crafts – napkin folding, needlework and scarf tying to name but a few
- Administration – creating invites /posters, stock take of prizes, create daily programme of events, putting together birthday/anniversary/honeymoon packages
- Public speaking – must be confident that you can command respect from the guests in emergency situations and be able to keep order in a diplomatic, patient and caring manner at all times.
To succeed in this role you must have previous experience taking part in high profile hosting within the leisure and hospitality industries, excellent customer service skills and be someone who takes great pride in their appearance.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have previous hosting experience, preferably onboard ships or in a tourism based environment.
- Be able to organise professional events from start to finish.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. However, life on board does mean working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 6 months that you are onboard. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
Contract length: 6 months on followed by 2 months off