Sports Directors - Luxury Cruise Line
Experienced Sports Directors to join the team onboard a prestigious luxury fleet. Reporting directly into the Entertainment Director you will be at the forefront of all sporting activities which are played onboard. This is a highly customer centric role and ensuring passenger satisfaction is one of the most important aspects to this position.
Other duties for the Sports Director will include:
- Organizing a host of different sporting activities per day, including coordinating tournaments, teaching lessons to beginners and planning all sports schedules.
- Working as part of the entertainment team to provide passengers with enjoyable activities to participate in throughout their voyage.
- Ordering of all sports equipment and arranging delivery to the ship when in dock.
- Arranging all prizes to be given to passengers when they have won a particular game.
- Assisting passengers in the gym if required to demonstrate how to use the equipment.
- Taking part in all safety practices to ensure that all passengers are fully briefed regarding the ships policies.
The ideal Sports Director will be a confident communicator with an outgoing and friendly approach to passengers in order to make all sporting activities as enjoyable as possible. The successful applicant will have been employed within a similar role and have worked within the cruise, leisure or hotel industry. This is coupled with a strong interest in all variety of sports and will be required to not only know how to play but to fully understand the rules in order to explain these to passengers.
You will also have good computer skills and be able to operate Excel to an intermediate level in order to buy the sports equipment when necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. However, life on board does mean working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 6 months that you are onboard. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. In return, we offer exceptional rates of pay. All accommodation costs are covered and you will be offered a shared cabin, with all meals and uniform provided.
Rotation: Contract length 4 months on é 2 months off