Food & Beverage Operations Manager
Food & Beverage Operations Manager to join the Food and Beverage department aboard, reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager. You will be responsible for the operational performance of the bars, restaurants (including Crew and Officer dining) room service, and functions. Managing three immediate direct reports, this is a pivotal role in the operational functionality onboard.
As Food & Beverage Operations Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Overall delivery and effective and smooth operation of all Bars, Restaurants, Room Service & Functions, including Crew & Officer Mess rooms.
- Ensuring continuing training takes place to develop personnel both for future requirements, but also to ensure that the P&O Food and Beverage product is being delivered to Company standards.
- Enhancing customer experience throughout the entire cruise by resolving any customer issues relating to Food and Beverage.
- Build and maintain a working environment where all staff can maximise their potential.
- Developing ideas for new initiatives to enhance the P&O Cruises Food & Beverage product.
- Complying with all legal, safety, environmental and administration procedures as outlined in Fleet Instructions and the Food Safety & Public Health Policy.
- Complying with all HR and HS&E policies and procedures, plus all financial & accounting procedures relevant to this position.
- Experience of holding a similar position within a 4/5* hotel/resort establishment, or have held a similar role with another reputable Cruise Line.
- Have a proven ability to understand and manage budgets, partnering and building effective working relationships with non-Food & Beverage crew members.
- The ability to manage, develop and lead a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bar and restaurant operations.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene (Level 3 CIEH or equivalent)
- Hotel Qualification, i.e Degree/BTEC/HCIMA/HND etc or equivalent
- Computer literate and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond calmly in an ever changing environment.
- Understand and can comply with UKPH & USPH, pest control and world port health procedures and requirements on a daily basis.
Salary: £3268 (Potentially Tax Free)
Rotation: 6 month on 2 month off contract