Finance Officer - Prestigious Cruise Line
We are currently recruiting for Finance Officer to join our hotel finance team onboard reporting to the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for ensuring financial integrity is maintained onboard, the management of cash and credit card transactions for both crew and passengers across multiple currencies, as well as managing and maintaining floats for areas of the vessel that carry cash floats.
As Finance Officer, your main responsibilities will be:
- The overall maintenance of passenger accounts, collecting money due at the completion of the voyage.
- Ensuring accuracy of accounts on CORe, and having overall system responsibility.
- Play an active role in all cost/revenue meetings held onboard.
- Maintaining ships cash account & cash supplies onboard across all currencies, including ordering for Crew Payroll and regular liaison with Cash Operations ashore in Carnival House.
- Weekly update of Foreign Exchange rates ensuring these are published to Front of House in a timely manner.
- Maintain cash security in line with company procedures.
- Complete stock checks liaising with BSM, Financial Controller and F&B Manager.
- Ensuring all accounts are reconciled at the end of voyage.
- Develop good two way working relationships with all crew members both inside and outside of the team.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Experience of working in the finance team of another Cruise line or within a large 4/5* Hotel, ideally with multiple sites & venues.
- Working within a Finance Team and successfully partnering with non-finance members of staff.
- An in-depth knowledge of cash management, stock take procedures, conducting audits and handling large volumes of foreign currency.
- A skilled user of Excel, Access & Microsoft Office
- Analyze data, and be confident presenting this in a visual format.
- Having an understanding of SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and involvement in a long or short term project would be advantageous.
Salary: £1999 per month worked (potentially tax free)
Rotation: 6 month on / 2 month off contract