Assistant Restaurant Manager - Prestigious Cruise Line
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our Food and Beverage department aboard reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of customer dining experience is maintained, undertake stock takes of the food court, assigning seating for passengers/officers and guest entertainers as well as training and developing personnel for future requirements.
As Assistant Restaurant Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Restaurant Manager and wider Food & Beverage department to ensure the highest customer dining standards are maintained.
- Assist in managing departmental costs within recommended Company guidelines to ensure cost effective use of resources.
- Understand the cause of budget variances and recommend corrective action.
- Communicate department’s financial performance to team at regular intervals ensuring awareness of budget variances and revenue/expenditure that occurs.
- Responsible for the effective management and monitoring of physical items within the restaurant/food outlet and undertake stock takes when required.
- Maintain and improve customer relations, enhancing the customer experience wherever possible.
- Complying with all legal, safety, environmental, hygiene and administration procedures as outlined in Fleet instructions.
- Working with colleagues across multiple departments.
- Have held a junior management/supervisory position within the Food and Beverage department of a 4/5* resort complex, or have held a similar position with another Cruise Line.
- Have previously managed an A la Carte and/or buffet operation.
- Experience in managing budgets and have a good understanding of variances and their causes
- Have previously been responsible for the training and development of staff
- Experienced in dealing with people of differing nationalities on a personal level.
- Have a clear understanding of basic food hygiene and safety principles.
- Hold a Hotel Diploma from a nationally recognized catering/hotel institute/college or equivalent.
- PC literate and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- An in depth working knowledge of the food court/select restaurant dining.
- Previous Cruise Line, USPH and European foreign language experience would be of advantage.
Rotation: 6 month on / 2 month off contract
Salary : £1881 PER MONTH WORKED POTENTIALLY TAX FREE