Port and Destination Guide
Due to the popularity of our cruises we are currently seeking experienced Port and Destination Guides to join our ships as soon as possible. This is a customer facing role and the main responsibility for the successful applicant will be to create and deliver multimedia port presentations in order to raise spontaneous customer awareness. You will also be required to motivate purchase decisions and to research the tourist attractions at each port-of-call to ensure all passengers are making valuable use of their time ashore.
The other aspects of this role will incude;
- Producing, maintaining and developing multi media presentations supported by broadcast commentaries lasting approximately 45 minutes for each port-of-call.
- Travelling as the cruise representative/escort on excursions to enhance photographic coverage of the ports-of-call and one’s own knowledge and interacting with passengers during escort duties and promoting future shore excursion sales.
- Assisting in portside mustering, dispatch and desk cover for shore excursions when directed by the Shore Excursion Manager.
- Ensuring passenger satisfaction, informally talk about points of interest and answer specific queries during question and answer sessions when directed by the Shore Excursion Manager.
- Acting as the on board point of reference for passengers regarding the accuracy of Port Guides and reporting necessary amendments/feedback to the Shore Excursion Communications Assistant.
The ideal applicant will be well travelled with extensive destination knowledge and have previous experience working within the cruise and leisure and tourism industry within a similar role. Most importantly you will be passionate about the three P’s; People, Places and Presenting, and be able to work unscripted to ensure all customer questions can be answered fully. The successful Port and Destination Guide will be able to deliver informative and enjoyable presentations to passengers, while providing the highest level of service at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for two of the world’s leading Cruise companies. However, life on board does mean working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 6 months that you are onboard. In return, we offer exceptional rates of pay. All accommodation costs are covered and you will be offered either your own cabin (depending on the cruise line you are working for), with all meals and uniform provided.
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it