2nd Cook (Demi Chef de Partie)
The 2nd cook is responsible for assisting the sous chef and 1st cook to ensure that the culinary items produced are high quality items for various outlets on the ship. The goal is to consistently deliver the best culinary experience at sea.
• Active participation on food preparation and presentation.
• Maintain US/UKPH standard, which includes follow up of proper food handling, storage, cleaning and personal hygiene procedures.
• Reports defective galley equipment to ensure that food production and food service is not interrupted.
• Follows proper utilisation procedures of food leftovers and recycles them in the best possible and safest way.
• Maintains timely preparation, final cooking and garnishing of menu items, including buffet preparation.
• Maintains pertinent Environmental Compliance Plan (ECP) and Safety Management System (SMS).
• Ensure that yield and portion control measurements are followed as per company standards.
• Setting-up of breakfast, luncheon, and dinner service lines and to ensure that menu items are re-supplied as necessary.
• Ensures that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is followed.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation and preservation
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Formal degree in food management from a recognised International culinary institution
- Basic command of English language
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity
- Ability to organise and complete work in accordance to deadlines