Assistant Cook (Commis 2)
The assistant cook position is the entry level chef position. From this position you can currently apply for the Pastry, Bakery, Butchery, hot galley and cold galley positions. In these roles you will be assisting the Sous Chef and 1st Cook in producing and delivering the best possible culinary experience at sea.
- Studies the menu content. Prepare mis en place. Cook, plate and serve food with speed and accuracy according to established Company recipes and presentation.
- Maintain cleanliness of all utensils and equipment in their assigned section.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including refrigerators, walk-in coolers, working counters, and portable food equipment and have the ability to report any defect on equipment being used.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years cook experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility.
- Ability to demonstrate basic cooking methods such as braise, sauté, broil and grill and the use of a variety of knifes to slice, dice, chop, julienne, etc.
- Ability to identify and operate common kitchen equipment such as grinders, deep fryers, ovens, Bain Marie, mixers, etc.
- Good knowledge of food sanitation standards.