Stage Crew for an Upscale Major Cruise Line
The stage Crew are responsible in this role for supporting the operations of assigned performance venues to deliver safely functioning and well-maintained entertainment/technical systems and a dynamic, engaging, and memorable entertainment and activities program.
This position assembles and disassembles stage equipment and props for all shows and activities in the Cruise Director's Division.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must have minimum one to two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reads stage layout specifications and blueprints and confers with Stage and Production Manager to determine type and location of sets, props, scenery, lighting, and sound equipment required for specific event.
- Gathers and transports props and equipment to designated areas throughout the vessel and ports of call. Assembles props and equipment for a variety of Cruise Director's Division activities.
- Positions lighting fixtures on and around stage area.
- Maintains inventory of various prize lockers, office supplies and consumable items utilized in the backstage areas.
- One to two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
- Should have familiarity of stage productions.
- Ability to perform minor theatrical repair work such as carpentry and painting.
- Background in electrical, technical, light and sound preferred.