Chief Pastry Cook
The chief pastry cook is responsible for assisting the pastry team and helping the executive chef to ensure that the Pastry and dessert items produced are high quality items for various outlets on the ship. The goal is to consistently deliver the best culinary experience at sea.
- Ensures each Chef de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie and Commis understands his/her duty. This includes training on recipes, preparation and presentation of pastry products.
- Active participation in preparation duties which should be in balance with supervisory duties.
- Ensures that ample food supplies are ordered and received for the next day's preparation and that all goods are correctly stored and economically used.
- Ensures to follow standardized fleet pastry menu cycle, teatime and theme buffet set-ups.
- Ensures that all guest special requests are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that proper utilization of food leftovers is in place.
- Ensures that yield and portion control measurements are in place as per company standards.
- Supervises that waste control, low grocery breakage and garbage separation is in hand.
- Ensures to keep all equipment clean, orderly and well maintained; used as per manufacturer manual and with possible defects reported.
- Assists the training of Galley personnel on USPH requirements concerning food handling, storage, and proper cleaning and personal hygiene.
- Knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.