1st Pastry Cook - Major Cruise Line
The 1st Pastry cook is responsible for assisting the Chief Pastry chef and executive chef to ensure that the Pastry and dessert items produced are high quality items for various outlets on the ship. The goal is to consistently deliver the best culinary experience at sea.
- Knowledge of cruise ship catering operation.
- Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Formal degree in food management from a recognized International culinary institution.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letter of participation in specialized courses.
- Ability to train and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.