A major cruise line currently requires Sous Chefs. The Sous Chef manages and coordinates activities of various workstations engaged in preparing, timing, and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, including breads served in a variety of dinning venues onboard the ship.
As our Sous Chef, you will be a part of our exciting, high-volume shipboard culinary operations and oversee its multicultural world-class team. You will be responsible for managing the culinary activities of our state of the art kitchens while executing international cuisine in multiple venues. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
Potential candidates should have minimum six years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. They should have extensive knowledge & experience in food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages the financial aspects of the assigned food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control.
- On a daily basis, meets with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to review the requirements of the day's meals and timeframes for restaurant service.
- Work Closely with Chef de Partie of each work station assigned, monitors procedures and quality checks production, ensure speed and efficiency, corrects and coach.
- Trains and monitors all levels of Commis to Chef De Partie for proper skill and service. Conducts training for new recipes, portion control, cooking techniques, proper use of equipment, work place safety, deep fat fryer, USPH & HACCP, OPP protocols & knowledge, ACF culinary training and any updates/upgrades in system & procedures on board.
Join our team as Sous Chef. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 90 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
- Minimum six years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. Written references from former employers are required.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.