General Galley Cleaner (Kitchen Hand)
The General Galley Cleaner is a junior position and requires you to clean prepare and service galleys in preparation for production and uninterrupted passenger service.
Main duties of this position consist of the washing of all the materials used in the Galley and Restaurant Operation, either manually or using the dishwashing and pot washing machines.
- Individual responsibilities are assigned by the Assistant Food Manager; on the job training with emphasis on sanitation procedures of the United States Public Health Standards.
- Ensures the washing machines are clean and in good working order as per the United States Public Health Standards.
- Reports for duties at assigned times and follows his/her supervisor’s instructions according to the company’s rules and regulations.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position.
Previous experience in hotel, resort or cruise ship stewarding helpful but not required.