Executive Sous Chef
A major cruise line is now searching for Executive sous Chefs to be a part of our shipboard culinary operations and oversee its world class team. Travel the world, as you explore exciting adventures daily. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for managing the activities of a large section of the galley, engaged in preparing and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs served in a variety of dining venues onboard the vessel.
This position is a four months onboard contract consisting of two months vacation.This position also includes four months paid vacation per year. Potential candidates must have a minimum of six years proven Culinary management experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
As our Executive Sous Chef, you will be a part of our exciting, high-volume shipboard culinary operations and oversee its multicultural world-class team. You will be responsible for managing the culinary activities of our state of the art kitchens while executing international cuisine in multiple venues. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the assembly of the workstation for the next meal preparation shift, including the cleaning and preparation of food storage areas and refrigerators
- Enforcing and following USPH and HACCP procedures for sanitation & cleanliness, and monitoring workstations & staff for adherence to those procedures
- Collaborating with the Executive Chef to plan menu requirements, serving arrangements, guest comments and other related details
- Providing on-the-job training to strengthen his/her team's current performance, and preparing them for possible advancement
- Training and monitoring all levels of cooks and chefs for proper skills and service
- Maintaining food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality and standards; reviewing and approving the food requisitions from the various workstations
- Enforcing the storage & disposal of over-production food items according to organizational rules & regulations
- Demonstrating the proper operation of all equipment to staff according to proper procedures, and testing equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc.
- Six to eight years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel restaurant or high-volume food service facility
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalent
- Ability to meet overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control
- All International applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1D Visa
- Ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
- Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages
- Experience using CrunchTime or related inventory software