Chief Security Officer
In charge of all daily security operations on board and while in port, including training of the crew and training of Security Watchman
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Attend shipboard senior management meetings.
- Train Security Watchman on the job.
- Intervene to deal with difficult guests.
- Member of the Code Mike Team.
- Conduct Alcohol and Drug Testing.
- Conduct Cabin Search.
- Enforce Firearms/Weapons policy.
- Enforce Illegal Narcotics.
- Conduct Investigations.
- Comply with Security Report procedures.
- Organize Security Patrols.
- Coordinate Port Security Activities.
- Countersign the Security Guard Log Book and investigate all incidents logged when required.
- Scheduling of Security Watchman.
- Undertake regular security inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security measures are maintained.
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of the Ship Security Plan, and propose modifications if needed.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the SSP.
- Coordinate the security aspects of the handling of ship's stores with other shipboard personnel and with the relevant Port Facility Security Officers.
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance on board.
- Ensure that adequate security training has been provided to shipboard personnel.
- Ensure that any security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated, and maintained.
- Direct responsible of the vessel’s key system keeping the key-plan up to date along with the keys inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Security Guards
- Staff Captain
Education and Experience
* Holds Basic Safety Course Certificate and appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations.
* Some experience on passengers vessels of as Security Officer or equivalent.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
* Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Acquaintance with Security Equipment such as screening x-ray machines, etc.
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
* This post does not represent current live opening. After submitting your resume, the cruise line will keep your information on file for open positions.
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it