IT Infrastructure Specialist
The IT Infrastructure Specialist will assists in the IT Operations onboard the vessel supporting all Hotel related computer equipment, with a particular focus on, but not limited to, Guest Stateroom telephone and interactive television equipment.
- Performs basic troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common problems, including, but not limited to, in-stateroom equipment for In-Stateroom Entertainment (ISE, including Interactive TV) and telephone problems (IT-Managed PBX).
- Image in-stateroom equipment for ISE/ITV.
- Ensures proper installation and provides first-level support for all IT-supported PC’s and peripherals including ShipNet workstations, Internet café workstations (Mac or PC), and devices supporting ISE/ITV and Digital Signage.
- Installs, set up and/or replace telephones. (On ships with an IT-Managed PBX)
- Set up, monitor, and break down embarkation check-in equipment and operations.
- Responsible for logging all time and work as well as reviewing incident tickets in the onboard incident management system and monitor respective technician’s queue.
Join our team as IT Infrastructure Specialist. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 90 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
- Minimum of six months experience in a technical user-assistance role such as a helpdesk.
- CompTIA’s A+ and/or N+ Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, with a focus on operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux) and business application suites.
- Ability to conduct basic network troubleshooting (in particular; LAN’s), including knowledge of standard network cabling.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or the international equivalent, or equivalent related experience.•All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
- Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including SGI, ratings, revenue, Workplace Safety.
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
- Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to the cruise line.
- Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.